2020년 9월 17일 목요일

First Post

 Hi! My name is Tonghyun Yi (aka. Eric) and I am currently pursuing the Computer Programming and Analysis program at Seneca College. This is my first ever blog post on the blogger website.


Since my high school years, I have always used Wikipedia to help finish my homework or get useful information about the world. And when I knew that websites like Wikipedia and internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox are all open-source programs, I knew that open-source programs does increase the quality of internet life for individuals. This interest in the open-source program made me take OSD600 as my professional option course and now I am excited to learn about what potential power can open-source programming can have in the programming world.


Right now, due to COVID-19, my current location is in Red Deer, Alberta, which is where I spend most of my life in Canada.


By the end of the term, my goal is to build one simple open-source program that anyone can use and have insightful knowledge in the development process of open-source programming.


For the GitHub trending repo, I chose Compose samples of the Android environment. This repo gives examples of what kinds of different interactive UI can be achieved through the Compose toolkit using Kotlin. I chose this repo because I am interested in Android development and since Android is also an open-source operating system, I thought it would also fit my course's academic purpose.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기